Monday, September 3, 2012

Rainbows & Rationale

The school year is in full swing and I feel like that kid that pushes too high on the swing and starts to come up from their seat...the excitement is mixed with fear!  I'm enjoying third grade and my new students very much but I don't feel quite comfortable yet.  I feel like my rationale for reading instruction is out of whack.  I want to do whole group and small groups to meet all of their needs, but the over-scheduling is making things a little tough for me to manage plus I'm not devoting enough time to Language Arts.  I'm trying to mix it in with Reading but that's just not enough!  Hopefully I will work it out eventually...that's where the rainbows come in!

I was on my way to work Friday, after being sickly but still going to school for 2 weeks without a voice, and I saw the most beautiful rainbow that followed me all the way to work.  It really did help make my outlook on the day much better.  I've been enjoying work but haven't been able to get into the groove...hopefully, this Labor Day off will rejuvenate me.  So far, I haven't done any school work yet but maybe my brain will feel refreshed ;)

 My rainbow!  Don't worry...I slowed down to take the picture but I was a little bit of a distracted driver!  It was just so pretty.
Here's an idea I got from pinterest (and my sister-in-law).  My kiddos seemed to enjoy it.  A lot of their career choices were vets, artists, army men, and the random choices of cashier and rock star!  Haha...they were cute.

Lastly, I need to apologize for not posting sooner...I had created an awesome post last week entitled Laryngitis, Lice, and the Labelmaker but it didn't post for some reason...oh well, everyone missed some great confessions...there's always next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment