Monday, October 8, 2012

In the Mind of a Child...

Having the mindset of a child simply means to be curious, easily excited, and a little strange.  I feel like one of the main reasons I became a teacher is because I have the mind of a child!  Hopefully I am a little wiser, but who really knows?

The reason I was thinking of a curious mind is because I, along with my students, have been very curious and excited in these weeks leading up to fall break.  We were thrilled to get a Promethean Board then a laptop!

Here is one of the first accessories I bought for my new technology.   It happened to be the cutest and cheapest mouse at Walmart!


This little USB lamp makes me smile because one of my students said it reminded them of the lamp from Pixar!!

 

I tried to harness some of their curiosity by making main idea tables with the supporting details as legs. I got the template from www.brainpopjr.com.


So we also worked on identifying nouns by cutting them out of newspapers and one kid brought me this!  I had done such a good job at cutting out all of the stories about murder and mayhem, but didn't notice this little gem.  Hahaha...the mind of a child probably inspired this cartoon ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's so funny about the cartoon. And I must say, I am continually amazed at how similar teaching 3rd grade sounds to my experience with teaching German to college students! Only slightly modified: instead of removing articles about murder and mayhem, I always found myself combing through realia to censor all photos and illustrations of topless women (they are so common in Europe, often even in advertisements & grocery store catalogs)! Ah, the joys of teaching...

    ReplyDelete