Monday, October 29, 2012

What a Week it Was and Will Be!

So fall is starting to make me fall asleep! The weather is rainy but that doesn't stop all of the major events that have been wearing me out lately.  It's time for a quick recap...

Today were parent conferences and I will say that I enjoy meeting parents and telling them good things about their children.  The other half of that isn't always so good but I lean towards the positive.  I really am blessed with some great students and parents this year.  I only wish I could keep my face from getting so red...granted the heat was newly turned on in my room making it stuffy but who am I kidding?  I'm a red head so I'm meant to be red!

Talking about the heat brings me back to last week and a pretty crazy event...our Halloween Dance!  Most of the third grade was able to host a Halloween Dance including face paint, costume contests, lots of food and music!  It was fun and pretty memorable.  The face paint requests I had were perhaps the most amusing...bald eagles, dead relatives names across the forehead, American flags, "red, green, and blue devil" as some boy described it.  However, the heat that happened before the dance was probably more memorable...with my room full of students staying after school for the dance my AC overheated and started smoking.  The mean teacher that I am didn't believe the kids at first...poor babies!  But, there was no danger or any flames, but it did startle me.  The curse continued as 2 DVDs wouldn't work...spooky!

Following the dance was a fun field trip where I believe the curse was lifted.  The kids behaved really well and no one (including me) got lost in the corn maze we visited.  I did feel my blood pressure spike since we weren't on a real schedule.  The kids handled it better than I did!

Well, there are more events sure to come...stay tuned for details on the dreaded sugar filled Halloween Party and events that follow, which may include my own sugar coma...I'm as bad as the kids!  They really should require that holiday to be on a weekend.  Also, stay tuned for a writing and election unit I'm hoping to share!
 Pumpkin patches are fun!
One of my lovelies walking in the corn ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment