Monday, July 23, 2012

Classroom Decor!

So, I should be doing some thematic planning or researching 3rd grade skills; instead, I've been decorating!  Every year, I just love to set up my classroom.  It relieves some of my anxiety about starting the school year and is just so darn fun!  Plus, it gives me a chance to redecorate (outside of the home), so my hubby doesn't freak out.

I'd also like to give a shout out to my husband for helping me hang all of the posters that I'm too short to hang myself and learning how to use a glue gun for the first time.  He also had to endure my pickiness about my classroom, which is funny, because I'm pretty messy at home.  I owe him some BBQ...we worked from 12-7 today :)  It was fun...for me!

 This rainbow rolling cart is my new favorite thing!  It was only $20 at Sam's Club and will be perfect for my weekly copies ;)
 I'm going to try to implement the Daily 5 this year so I'm going to have the kids use tote bags for their books...I need suggestions for places to find cheap totes!!  I turned my closet into a reading nook and I have decorated the room with fake plants, owls, and rainbow lanterns...I need some better pics.
 I created this exit pass parking layout from a poster I saw on pinterest...just a little duck tape.
 This isn't the most exciting picture but I am soooo excited to have cubbies this year!
Here is another thing I found on pinterest...darn you pinterest for making me buy out the Dollar Tree and make cutsie stuff I never knew existed before you!  Oh well, making things like this is one of the more fun things I get to do as an elementary teacher before the hard stuff starts ;)  On the back of each flower is the child's name and birthday.  Each flower (die cut from Staples) is also glued to a popsicle stick that says the child will receive a free work pass and an ice cream on their b-day.  I'm the world's worst teacher at remembering to make birthdays special because mine is in the summer, so I figured I'd just have to plan ahead this year ;)

Stay tuned for more...in the meantime...follow me on pinterest or pin my blog!

Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Just realized I said duck tape instead of duct tape! Why isn't it duck tape or why is it duct tape? Oh, hmmm...probably invented to seal air ducts? It's time for a google search!

    ReplyDelete