Friday, July 20, 2012

Welcome :)

After being inspired by Pinterest and some of my time off, I thought that I would try doing a teacher blog...much like the ones I stalk so often!

So, let's see...I don't consider myself that interesting, but my life does tend to resemble a tv sitcom at times...accidentally doing leaf prints with poison ivy, having students chase down a mice gang in my classroom, and catching a toaster oven on fire, just to name a few! It can be said, though, that I am truly blessed with an amazing family, husband, friends, and job that keeps me interested, intrigued, challenged, and fulfilled everyday:)

This is pretty much my first blog, so please forgive me if I don't follow all of the right etiquette or if things look a little messy at first. My goals with this blog are to reflect on my teaching, learn new things, and share things that I have learned myself! This will be my 6th year teaching in a couple of weeks and I will be changing grades. I will be teaching 3rd grade, which to me are so little. I must say that I often get the back to school belly aches like the kids do! I just want to be as prepared as possible and get to know my kids before they see my weaknesses...haha...show no fear. But, seriously...I do enjoy what I do very much, but it always brings me back to those feelings I had on the first day of school as a kid...excitement and anxiety leading to thrills and spills!

That leads me to the theme of my blog...The Trials and Triumphs of Teaching...there are many of each but I desire to learn from the good and the bad by working smarter not harder!

Here is a link to my first ever Teacher Store! Don't worry, there are and will always be plenty of freebies...teachers have permission to beg, borrow, and steal if it helps their students learn ;)



2nd, 3rd, 4th - English Language Arts, Reading Strategies, Tools for Common Core - TeachersPayTeachers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment